Psyonix is looking for a spirited Web Developer to join our Creative Services team. As our Web Dev, you will be responsible for coding and modifying Psyonix and Rocket League websites in addition to related functions such as user account creation, API integration, and more.
• Developing new user-facing features for all Psyonix websites
• Working with Creative Services team to design new web-based sites and features
• Translating UI / UX designs and wireframes to actual code
• Building reusable code and libraries for current and future use
• Optimizing web-based applications for scalability, usability, and speed
• Ensuring that all user input is validated before pushing to back-end
• Collaborating with internal development teams
• Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
• 3+ years of professional web development experience
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to solve or work around them
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Mercurial, SVN, and Git)
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, AJAX, and partial page updates
• Good understanding of SEO optimization and principles
• Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms (server side), including SASS and LESS
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools (such as Photoshop, GIMP, PaintShot Pro, etc.)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail
• Strong self-motivation and work ethic
• A team-focused outlook
• A willingness to be "on-call" outside of business hours
• A passion for gaming
• A knowledge of the esports and competitive video game scene
• Strong data analysis skills
Requirement for Submission:
• Cover Letter, which should include: Why you are interested in working at Psyonix. Also, what games you are currently playing (if applicable).
Are you willing to relocate to San Diego?
I am already local (no relocation required)
I am not local, but willing to relocate
Relocation is required if you are not local to San Diego, CA
Where would you be relocating from?
Are you currently eligible for work in the U.S.?
If not, please describe your eligibility status...
Please rate your expertise in each area.
Game Industry Experience
1-3 Years Industry
4-6 Years Industry
7+ years Industry
Some High School
High School Graduate / GED
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Masters Degree or Equivalent
Doctorate Degree or Equivalent
Cover Letter and Resume
Attach Cover Letter and Resume Here
Anything else you would like us to know?
Do Not Fill This Out