Esports Program Specialist
Psyonix, an independent videogame developer located in downtown San Diego, is looking for a driven and organized Esports Program Specialist to join our Esports and Marketing teams in their effort to grow and support the hit game, Rocket League!
• Coordinate multiple Esports projects with a community and player focus
• Develop, manage, and maintain player relations for Psyonix-operated tournaments and leagues with new and existing community and competitive organizers
• Regularly attend and support live competitive events around the world
• Work with Esports team to ensure program quality and consistency
• Internally advocate solutions and solicit requests on behalf of our professional Esports competitors to ensure that the team is informed of player needs
• Identify new community partnership opportunities to engage and support the Rocket League player-base
• Interact with prospective community partners and internal teams to coordinate and contribute to the development of partnership relations
• Participate in internal and external community brainstorming sessions to help develop new ideas for Psyonix and/ or client projects and programs
• Work closely with the Publishing, Marketing, and Online Services teams to understand and support marketing goals and priorities, our targeted audiences, and player/ community messaging
• Build and review created content for partnership program proposals
• Maintain a robust competitive and community event calendar to assist outside partners with scheduling
• Be ready and available for action for urgent or special circumstances that may occur outside of regular work hours
• Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
• Intimate knowledge of the Rocket League competitive atmosphere
• Strong self-motivation and work ethic
• Proven history of management and coordination of successful tournament operation
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail and a professional delivery
• Consistent ability to execute strong independent judgment under deadlines with a full workload
• The ability to lead by influence and to think strategically and creatively
• A team-focused outlook on strategy and problem-solving
• A willingness to be “on-call” outside of business hours, including possible travel and work on holidays
How did you hear about this position?
Are you willing to relocate to San Diego?
I am already local (no relocation required)
I am not local, but willing to relocate
Relocation is required if you are not local to San Diego, CA
Where would you be relocating from?
Are you currently eligible for work in the U.S.?
If not, please describe your eligibility status...
Please rate your expertise in each area.
Game Industry Experience
1-3 Years Industry
4-6 Years Industry
7+ years Industry
Job Relevant Experience
Some High School
High School Graduate / GED
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Masters Degree or Equivalent
Doctorate Degree or Equivalent
Cover Letter and Resume
Attach Cover Letter and Resume Here
Anything else you would like us to know?
Do Not Fill This Out